Nepal still needs our help. Since the first earthquake on 25 April, there have been more than 100 more of magnitude 4 or over, in different parts of the country. Many homes have been destroyed, and the monsoon rains arrive this month. Shelter is crucial. Longer term Nepal will need our help with rebuilding homes and livelihoods.
How you can help:
- Donate here to support LED’s response to the earthquake in Nepal.
- Organise a fund raising event.
Here are some of the events being held to raise money for LED:
- Fulford school are hoping to raise £8848 (the height of Everest!) for LED and the DEC Nepal Earthquake Appeal through a series of events including a Nepal Fundraiser evening, junior football tournament, staff versus student assault course and staff three peaks on Saturday 20 June!
- In Penrith TODAY (16 May), Jacob Sam-La Rose / Northern Sky are holding a benefit night for LED and the Juniper Trust.
- On 23 May, Steve Razetti and the Earthquake Rockers are putting on a fund raising dance in Carlisle, and all proceeds will be divided between LED and the Juniper Trust.
- Geoff Knight’s team at HSBC have made LED their chosen charity for the rest of the year. Various events are in the pipeline, including Richard Donoghue running the Liverpool marathon in June in aid of LED. HSBC are matching sponsorship £ for £ up to £500.
If you’re fund raising for LED, post on our Facebook page.
Donations large and small will allow us to make a difference on the ground.
Please give what you can. LED is run entirely by volunteers, so every penny you donate will help us to help those in need in Nepal – now and in the longer term.