Well, it’s 2 weeks to go to our annual charity walk in the beautiful Lake District.
We really appreciate your support and look forward to having a fabulous day and evening with you all enjoying the stunning Langdale area and the hospitality at the meal.
Many thanks to most of you that have completed the Google Form advising of your attendance. You should have received these joining details, and a PDF of the planned route, by email already. If not, please email us.
If you are planning to come along and have not yet filled in the Google Form, we would be grateful if you could do so. It does mean we have your emergency contact details and there is the all important disclaimer which by completing the form means you have read and understood it. For completeness and transparency here it is again!
Please note – The challenge involves demanding, vigorous exercise. You will be expected to walk continuously for a number of hours in mountainous areas, often over difficult terrain and in variable weather conditions. Participants are responsible for making sure they are prepared for the challenge by training and bringing the required kit and equipment. Please seek medical advice to check you are fit and capable of taking part in the walk. By registering for this event, I agree to the following statements:
- I agree to abide by all government and local guidelines with regard to covid-19 including, but not limited to; not attending the event if I have been feeling unwell immediately before the event takes place, and removing myself from the event if I become unwell during any part of the event
- I am over 16 years of age
- I understand it is my responsibility to make sure I am medically fit and capable of participating in the event and that I am properly trained
- I understand that participation in the event could include actions that may be hazardous. I understand that is essential to take extreme care when encountering livestock, steep drop offs, uphill sections, roots, mud, rocks, bad weather etc
- I agree that the event organiser LED reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to stop any participant from taking part if the individual is deemed unfit to participate, including mid-event removal where necessary
- I agree that failure to comply with any instruction from event officials and marshals or any breach of any rules and regulations governing the event will result in you being asked to leave the event
- I agree to the use of my personal data for the purpose of LED communicating with me about the event
Anyway that’s the serious (and important stuff out of the way) so here’s the logistics and timings for the day and evening
Saturday 14 May 2022: Logistics and timings
0900 – Meet at Stickle Barn car park (New Dungeon Ghyll hotel) at Grid reference NY294064 / Postcode LA22 9JX (please note it is a pay and display car park although free to National Trust members!)
0915 – Headcount and safety briefing
0930 – Commence Walk (see details below)
1800 – Meet at Chapel Stile Village Hall (LA22 9JE), details at this link for good food and company (we have booked the hall for the full day so if you wish to get there earlier please do so – we believe there is also use of a shower if people are not staying locally and wish to change)
We can provide a PDF map of the planned walk and have options to do other variations of this route if there is poor visibility. A lower level route has also been planned if the weather is truly foul!
We appreciate most of you are experienced hill walkers so please come dressed and equipped for the terrain and weather. Please let us know if anyone wants to have a suggested kit list. One of the Trustees will have a group first aid kit (please do bring your own especially any personal medication etc), group shelter and bivvy bag.
We all are really looking forward to seeing you on what we hope will be a great day and evening. If you have any questions about the day please do let us know.
Val and LED Trustees
Light Education Development