Join in Val’s Huayhuash Circuit Challenge, LED’s Spring sponsored walk and climb, and help raise money for LED projects in Peru and Nepal.
From the comfort of your own home – where else?? – we challenge you to:
- Walk 210km, or
- Climb 10,460m
- or both!
The challenge runs throughout February and March, concluding on Friday 02 April 2021 – so you can indulge in Easter treats galore!
We’ll have prizes for:
- First to 210km
- First to 10,460m ascent
- Longest distance overall
- Highest ascent overall
… plus some Trustees’ Specials – let your imagination run wild: do it in fancy dress, carry your own kit bag, go three-legged, be the youngest, be the oldest!
You can ask sponsors to settle up via “Val’s Huayhuash Circuit Challenge” campaign page on JustGiving – www.justgiving.com/campaign/LED2021 – or create your own fundraising page on that page. Scroll down for tips.
But you can use whatever fundraising mechanism you like – set up a Facebook fundraising page, collect your sponsorships the traditional way and send us a one-off donation via our JustGiving page, or set up your own fundraising page elsewhere.
Let us know how you go via Facebook – comment at www.facebook.com/LEDCharity or do your own updates and remember to tag our LED account so others can see whats going on.
Not a facebook fan? Email us at LED.Charity@gmail.com.
Want to set up your own Huayhuash Challenge fundraiser on Just Giving?Go to the Val’s Huayhuash Circuit Challenge 2021 page, click on “Start Fundraising”, select “Fitness at home” – and take it from there!
Just need the links?
Here they are:
Join Val and friends for a day in the hills raising money for our work in Nepal and Peru.
Our annual LED fundraising walk will be held on Saturday 11th September 2021 and we’ll be based in the village of Braithwaite, in the Northern Lake District.
We have a few versions of the Coledale Horseshoe available on the day and there are plenty of accommodation options both in Braithwaite and the surrounding areas including Keswick.
We’ll be sorting registration in 2021. In the meantime, save the date!
A massive thank you from Val to everyone who came to the LED walk last weekend.
“Can’t wait to see you all again but what a huge difference we can make by your very kind help.”
And thank you all, again.
Dear friends and supporters of LED,
An update on our 2020 fundraising weekend plans to hopefully give us all something to look forward to.
Having spoken with both Val and the Strands Inn and Brewery and as long as Government advice allows us to, we now aim to hold the weekend on Friday 11th to Sunday 13th September, with the main event being the hike and dinner on Saturday 12th September.
1. If you have already registered for the event – there is no need to do so again but please confirm in a new email at email@example.com that you are able to make it and will be coming along (a new mail enables Mike to track all the emails more easily!).
2. Please also confirm in a new email if you have registered but are no longer able to make the revised date.
3. If you were not able to attend the original date in May but can come along in September, (and would like to!), please email Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org to get our short event registration form.
4. If you had a booking at the Strands or the Screes Inn please contact them directly on email@example.com to change your booking (or to add a new booking).
5. If you have not already done so or are registering for the first time, please use the Justgiving page https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/LED2020 to pay for the walk (£20) and/ or the dinner (£25).
Stay safe and hope to see you all soon.
Mike, Val, Gwen, Mary, Peter and Simon