“Can’t wait to see you all again but what a huge difference we can make by your very kind help.”
Dear friends and supporters of LED,
An update on our 2020 fundraising weekend plans to hopefully give us all something to look forward to.
Having spoken with both Val and the Strands Inn and Brewery and as long as Government advice allows us to, we now aim to hold the weekend on Friday 11th to Sunday 13th September, with the main event being the hike and dinner on Saturday 12th September.
1. If you have already registered for the event – there is no need to do so again but please confirm in a new email at email@example.com that you are able to make it and will be coming along (a new mail enables Mike to track all the emails more easily!).
2. Please also confirm in a new email if you have registered but are no longer able to make the revised date.
3. If you were not able to attend the original date in May but can come along in September, (and would like to!), please email Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org to get our short event registration form.
4. If you had a booking at the Strands or the Screes Inn please contact them directly on email@example.com to change your booking (or to add a new booking).
5. If you have not already done so or are registering for the first time, please use the Justgiving page https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/LED2020 to pay for the walk (£20) and/ or the dinner (£25).
Stay safe and hope to see you all soon.
Mike, Val, Gwen, Mary, Peter and Simon
Dear friends and supporters of LED,
The Trustee Board of LED have been meeting remotely (by telephone/ email) over the last week or so and have today decided in light of current Government advice regarding the Covid 19 Pandemic that our fundraising weekend in the Wasdale valley 15th-17th May, 2020 will have to be postponed.
While disappointing, the Trustees feel that we have no choice and furthermore believe that this is the only responsible course of action given that we would have been a fairly large gathering and many folks would be traveling from different parts of the UK (and even world!). We hope you will all understand this decision.
Our current intention is to try and reschedule the event for later in the year – hopefully around September time. That said, we are not in a position to confirm this yet and will have to wait and see how the coming weeks and months play out. As soon as we are able to give clarity we will of course do so.
Many people have donated money already in advance of the weekend we had planned. If anyone would like a refund of money donated, please do let me know and we will arrange that. We will, however, leave the fundraising page open until we have clarity over whether the event can be run later in the year.
If you are booked into the Strands/ Screes – please contact them directly to cancel if that is what you wish to do (019467 26237 email: firstname.lastname@example.org). I have spoken with the landlady, Lesley Corr, and she is very understanding of the situation and there should be no problem with cancelling. She is also aware that if it is possible to do so we will get together in the autumn.
Thanks for your understanding, and please do all stay safe.
Mike, Gwen, Peter, Mary, Simon – and Val
Join Val and friends for a day in the hills raising money for our work in Nepal and Peru.
This year’s LED Fundraising Event will be held on Saturday 16th May and we’ll be based in the village of Nether Wasdale, in the Western Lake District.
We are collecting donations, sponsorship and registration payments via our page on Just Giving: LED Wasdale Fundraising Challenge 2020.
Saturday 16th May 2020.
A challenging hike around the Mosedale Horseshoe in the Wasdale Valley in the Western Lake District, with an optional evening event featuring dinner, music, a quiz, a small raffle and the option to buy various Peru and Nepal-themed memorabilia.
Shorter walk options may be possible on the Friday afternoon and/ or Sunday in this stunning and remote valley, the home of Englands favourite view, highest mountain and deepest lake.
The start and finish will be at the Wasdale Head (Grid Reference 186084). The evening activities will be taking place at the Strands / Screes Inn in Nether Wasdale at the other end of the valley.
- £20 per person
- An additional £25 per person if you would like to join us for dinner after the event. A Nepali / Indian-themed meal will be provided and drinks will be available. We have enough capacity for around 50 people. Please indicate on the registration form if you want to attend the dinner.
For this Challenge all walkers MUST be over 14. If you are under the age of 16 your parent or legal guardian must complete the “Under 16s” details on the registration form and you must be accompanied by your parent or legal guardian at all times.
Further Information & Registration
For further information and the registration form, email Mike Smith at email@example.com.