Dear friends and supporters of LED,
The Trustee Board of LED have been meeting remotely (by telephone/ email) over the last week or so and have today decided in light of current Government advice regarding the Covid 19 Pandemic that our fundraising weekend in the Wasdale valley 15th-17th May, 2020 will have to be postponed.
While disappointing, the Trustees feel that we have no choice and furthermore believe that this is the only responsible course of action given that we would have been a fairly large gathering and many folks would be traveling from different parts of the UK (and even world!). We hope you will all understand this decision.
Our current intention is to try and reschedule the event for later in the year – hopefully around September time. That said, we are not in a position to confirm this yet and will have to wait and see how the coming weeks and months play out. As soon as we are able to give clarity we will of course do so.
Many people have donated money already in advance of the weekend we had planned. If anyone would like a refund of money donated, please do let me know and we will arrange that. We will, however, leave the fundraising page open until we have clarity over whether the event can be run later in the year.
If you are booked into the Strands/ Screes – please contact them directly to cancel if that is what you wish to do (019467 26237 email: email@example.com). I have spoken with the landlady, Lesley Corr, and she is very understanding of the situation and there should be no problem with cancelling. She is also aware that if it is possible to do so we will get together in the autumn.
Thanks for your understanding, and please do all stay safe.
Mike, Gwen, Peter, Mary, Simon – and Val