The LED trustees are all volunteers and we deeply appreciate their time and effort:
- Gwen Buchan, England, Lawyer
- Peter Dover, England, Technical Director and co-founder of Cement Performance International
- Mike Smith, England / India, Deputy CEO and Chief Operating Officer, IndiaFirst Life
- Mary Loosemore, England, Teacher and Knowledge Consultant
LED is run by volunteers and we are funded solely through donations. 100% of all donations go directly to supplies and services for the villages.
We have received many donations, large and small, from our supporters and sincerely thank everyone for their contributions. Every penny donated is helpful and goes directly to supporting someone who can really use it.
LED is fortunate to have several supporters who have donated significant funds or time to ensure the success of our work and we would like to acknowledge the following for their contributions. Thank you so very much!
- Paul DeShazo, (affectionately known as “Texas Paul”), Founder of International Charities, Inc., regularly contributes funds, participates in treks, and is very actively involved in supporting our organization.
- Dr. Bill Hanlon, Founder of Basic Health International, regularly participates in treks and donates his time to provide medical services to the villages we visit.
- Faith and Anthony Harckham have designed and supplied many of the solar box lights distributed in Peru and Nepal.
- Dr. Peter Petrik has made several significant financial contributions and his wife has joined us on several treks to distribute supplies.
- BoGo Light has provided at a discount price many of the solar lights we have distributed in Peru and Nepal.
- The Juniper Trust which supports worthwhile causes all over the world regularly contributes funds to supply solar lights in Peru.